Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: A Gift From Kresty!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I came home from a long day, trying to get myself ready for a long evening of robot building, and there was a package addressed to Savage Creature in my mail box.  No return address. Had no idea what it could be. So, I brought it in the house and carefully opened it up (in case it should explode) and what did I find but . . . .

[Image: normal_pdpieces.jpg]     [Image: normal_pdassembled.jpg]

A pit droid!!!  Thanks Kresty!
Cute ... I want one ... Hey Kresty want to send one to Japan? ... LOL
Glad you like it!  You made a great model.  Lara thought you might be a bit askance without a return address.

Did you have to glue it?  I modified the joints before printing that one.  I tried fitting w/o removing the supports (thought they might help support it in shipping too), but wasn't sure.
Yipes, Savage, that flat cardboard that said "Antennae". That has the antenna in it. Smile
(10-01-2015, 05:57 PM)kresty Wrote: [ -> ]Yipes, Savage, that flat cardboard that said "Antennae".  That has the antenna in it.  Smile

Yup! Saw it right away. I did not get thrown away.   I just didn't have time to carefully pull them out and attach them, yet.

After my youngest removed the supports it fit right together. No alterations or glue necessary. A bunch of the robotics team were playing with it when they had a break from the robot tonight.  Big Grin
Cool Smile I realized later it was probably that the droid snapped together and the antennae..... didn't Smile They're a pain. I have to print some 'cause Lara broke ours at RCCC (She dropped pit droid head first on the dog).
(10-01-2015, 10:33 PM)kresty Wrote: [ -> ]Cool Smile  I realized later it was probably that the droid snapped together and the antennae..... didn't Smile  They're a pain.  I have to print some 'cause Lara broke ours at RCCC (She dropped pit droid head first on the dog).

What's your dog made of - titanium?
(10-02-2015, 05:15 AM)deathproof Wrote: [ -> ]What's your dog made of - titanium?

Hey, those antenna are skinny.  They'd probably even break if Savage dropped his virtual model on a virtual dog headfirst!  (Well, maybe not).
Got two this morning from Kresty ... will start work on them at a later date ...

Once again Thank you Kresty.
(10-20-2015, 05:46 PM)Murasaki Wrote: [ -> ]Got two this morning from Kresty ... will start work on them at a later date ...

Once again Thank you Kresty.

Ooooo! I can't wait to see what you do with 'em! It's also cool that some of my work is in Japan!
Pages: 1 2