Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: My try on Blue Max
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As mentioned in another thread, i am interested in the slicer droid Blue Max.

For those that don´t know what i´m talking about - it´s a little droid from the 70th Han Solo trilogy, stories from his smuggler time, before meeting with Luke. He is hidden inside the chest of the labour droid Bollux.

I started searching Google, but not much to find. These are the ones that fit best to the description in the books, mainly a blue cube:

[Image: Solo_BlueMax_Bollux_Chewie_zpsrtafelbp.jpg]

[Image: BolluxBlueMax_egtd_zpswvn5tn2p.png]

And a slighly different version:

[Image: Bollux-ERC_zpsrijyj1l5.jpg]

I found these pics on Google and hope it´s no prop to use them here. If you see this and they are yours and you want them deleted, just let me know.

There is also a different version out there, but it looks not like the description, more like a bare computerboard.

In this thread i will show a more or less quick build that i started yesterday evening - nothing overly complicated, but nonetheless i hope you will have fun watching it.  Smile
OK, no idea why the pics are not showing when using the adress from the gallery. Did it now with Photobucket.
Started building a 10 x 10 x 9 cm cube

[Image: 20160714_210903_zpsmw9cr2fv.jpg]

I decided to make the bottom plate doublelayerd, to be able to have access to the inside (if i decide later to add light or whatever). This is the inner layer that will have a big access area.

[Image: 20160714_210913_zpsbqzjdztk.jpg]

Glueing the top, the stainless part is just to add weight to kepp the topplate flat.

[Image: 20160714_214018_zpsnx0lepu5.jpg]

Parts of the underside detailing, both are perfect circles - the wierd look is due the phone camera angle or distance

[Image: 20160715_160845_zps3kdszcy1.jpg]

[Image: 20160715_160859_zpshixnohx7.jpg]

[Image: 20160715_160932_zpszfkplhfw.jpg]

And a handfull of the preselected greeblies from my part boxes, some of them might be used for detailing the sides of the cube.

[Image: 20160715_160946_zpsrv62z8oa.jpg]

More will follow as soon as i have more to show.  Wink
That is looking cool.
I hope you can say that too when i´m ready.
Very cool. Love watching stryene come together like this. Now I'm wondering what all your detail parts are Big Grin
It´s maybe 1-2% of my greeblie boxes - since many years i´m a model builder

(I had the honor to be granted to make the masters for these Kits, Z-95 Headhunter, Moldy Crow, Gun Turrets)
[Image: Werkzeug004.jpg]

[Image: MoldyCrowDio008.jpg]

and i´m collecting many parts that are left from building or from other stuff that looks interesting.

The round part inside the bottom circles is a cast of a centerplate from the Revell Cylon Basestar, most of the other white parts are cast parts of the Babylon 5 station kit. Other parts are from a cutaway Millenium Falcon (i mainly slaughert it for my big SW Hangar diorama), see detailing on the rear walls:

[Image: MoldyCrowDio023.jpg]

Parts of battleships, planes, harddrives, pencils, ........, whatever looks useable gets thrown into the part boxes.
Today the green 2 part "Aves Apoxie" was hardened. I really like that stuff cause it sands pretty close to styrene, so if you sand a "apoxied" ara you don´t have the problem that many other have, different takeaway on the styrene compare to the used filling stuff.

First i´ve put it on the lathe to give it a few fast passes, not really spent any time on adjusting, just put it on the chuck and here we go. Due to the used universe look at SW you don´t want it look to "new/clean".

[Image: 20160716_160928_zps3tronybg.jpg]

Next part was adding some details, please refer to the pics at the beginning of this thread. Evergreen offers premade strips and sheet in a lot of variations, for modelkit building and achitects concept buildings.

[Image: 20160716_163946_zpsmnzpvets.jpg]

[Image: 20160716_164026_zpsqiwaiwg2.jpg]

For cutting the strips i use this handy tool. It enables to cut angles, and ensures all cut pirces are the same lentgh (not very important here as i planned to sand both ends when the glue has set). But it eases things up and also speeds working up when doing repeating work.

[Image: 20160716_164009_zpsng4rawzm.jpg]

Glued them to the piece, and hang it away for the glue to set.

[Image: 20160716_163933_zpsjewln2lq.jpg]

Here you see it attached to the bottom. I also cut one of my lenses that were also used for the Treadwells eyes, here it will be used as a tiny monitor.

[Image: 20160716_174640_zpsccxxivdk.jpg]

Sorry, that´s all i made today.  Smile
(07-15-2016, 04:59 PM)Lichtbringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK, no idea why the pics are not showing when using the adress from the gallery. Did it now with Photobucket.

I have to click on pix to get the full view with only the picture and then use that
Is this from the comics or something? I love the movies (the prequels not so much) but I'm not into the cartoons or comics. And I've only read a couple of the books.
Pages: 1 2 3