Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: So now I want more references for that FX-7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not that I'm going to build one, but the build looks cool and it's not on our list!
I've got some laying around here somewhere. I'll try and track it down. And I just realized that I was lame and forgot treadwell stuff, too. I can't do it right this instant, but I'm leaving myself a note this time.
Too many droids!
Here is my reference collection: [Edit, copied to gallery: http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/thumb...p?album=52]
(09-25-2016, 09:16 AM)Conqueror_Worm Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my reference collection: [Edit, copied to gallery: http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/thumb...p?album=52]

Thanks!!

They've all been added to the gallery.  Your contribution is greatly appreciated Smile
Those are good. Wonder how it got to that museum? I wonder if there are other SW Droids there we don't have good pix of?
(09-25-2016, 11:05 AM)kresty Wrote: [ -> ]Those are good.  Wonder how it got to that museum?  I wonder if there are other SW Droids there we don't have good pix of?

Bah! false wondering! You know the answer to that! Wink

There were a lot of droids there, and a whole lot of us (myself included) took a lot of photos.  I focused a lot on the interrogation droid because it was my current obsession at the time. Unfortunately I was only able to visit the museum once while the exhibit was there. I'm sure if I had gotten back there I would have been much more thorough.
Ah, didn't realize it was a temporary exhibit.
I had never even thought about a permanent exhibit featuring Star Wars. Wouldn't that be way cool?

I understand your confusion, now. It was a traveling thing. It spent some time in Europe (a number of our friends in the R2 builders club caught it while it was there) and in Canada, I think. With how long it was here in San Jose I should have gone three or four times, but for whatever reason I only managed the once.

Hopefully, someday, they'll do something similar again.