Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: Top Racks - Angled or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WHat's the preference for the top racks?  I've seen angled and non-angled.

I need help deciding.
Basically angled seems to have come into effect because the "reference" droid back whenever were droids that had been banged around a bit on display at Planet Hollywood or wherever. Apparently they got "bent" sometime and not straightened.

Stills from the show seem to show straight. And Lee & Oliver's new droids are certainly straight.

I confess I'm still attached to MCK-Y's angled versions though, but we did straight for the Make-a-Wish droid.

So, it's up to you. Folks get far more creative about other bits of the droid Smile
(02-05-2018, 02:33 PM)kresty Wrote: [ -> ]Basically angled seems to have come into effect because the "reference" droid back whenever were droids that had been banged around a bit on display at Planet Hollywood or wherever. Apparently they got "bent" sometime and not straightened.

Stills from the show seem to show straight. And Lee & Oliver's new droids are certainly straight.

I confess I'm still attached to MCK-Y's angled versions though, but we did straight for the Make-a-Wish droid.

So, it's up to you. Folks get far more creative about other bits of the droid Smile
Thanks.

I'm going to try both and see then. I'll have 4 units complete for our May Makerfaire so plenty of time for trial.

Still have another mini-gonk to complete as Well... ugh...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Well, if you have multiple droids, then sure, do both Smile Straight seems to look more canon, but I'm "used" to the sloped appearance and straight looks stuffy to me. (though I'm getting a little more used to it).

Since angled is tough without a hinge in Lego, MCK-Y's are on hinges, so we can do either Smile