Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: HO15 Templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know at what size the HO15 templates are supposed to be printed at? thanks in advance
If you use the "Shawn's 3D Model Flat Pack" PDF file from my "rough 3d model", then each page of that file should print at 100% - which may require big paper or tiling for several of the pages. Acrobat's good about providing options for 100% scale.

I also have dimensions marked on many of those.

Note that I didn't adjust for the width of the material, so it may need some trimming to assemble, but it should be pretty close with thin material.

If you're using a CnC or laser, then (obviously) only cut the black lines, not the marks for the scale.

[Image: thumb_Rough_3D_Model.jpg]
Shawn's 3D Model of H015 Sentry Droid
This is a fairly accurate 3D model of the outer shell of the sentry droid.  It is provided in several formats.

Additionally, there's a "flat" PDF (& cdr) of the panels which can be printed at 100%.  Note, however, that the panels are the front faces and don't account for the depth of whatever material you might cut, so you'll either need to cut them a hair smaller, or sand/fill, etc. if you try to use those to build a model.

The "skirt" fits over the Lego greeblies in this version.
(03-22-2018, 06:11 PM)kresty Wrote: [ -> ]If you use the "Shawn's 3D Model Flat Pack" PDF file from my "rough 3d model", then each page of that file should print at 100% - which may require big paper or tiling for several of the pages. Acrobat's good about providing options for 100% scale.

I also have dimensions marked on many of those.

Note that I didn't adjust for the width of the material, so it may need some trimming to assemble, but it should be pretty close with thin material.

If you're using a CnC or laser, then (obviously) only cut the black lines, not the marks for the scale.

[Image: thumb_Rough_3D_Model.jpg]
Shawn's 3D Model of H015 Sentry Droid
This is a fairly accurate 3D model of the outer shell of the sentry droid.  It is provided in several formats.

Additionally, there's a "flat" PDF (& cdr) of the panels which can be printed at 100%.  Note, however, that the panels are the front faces and don't account for the depth of whatever material you might cut, so you'll either need to cut them a hair smaller, or sand/fill, etc. if you try to use those to build a model.

The "skirt" fits over the Lego greeblies in this version.

I was hoping to just print out savage creatures template and use them to cut out of foamcore, thank you for your response though
Ah, I think his are also 1:1 - but I don't think he's updated the bottom skirt area yet, so the lower on the droid you go the skinnier it'll be (it won't fit over the Lego greeblies)
I'd started with SC's plans originally, so I has the same question, so I made a version for myself with dimensions marked on them. I've uploaded that, hope it helps:

http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/album...nsions.pdf

The perspective is a little off, particularly toward the bottom, but his plans should make a decent droid.