Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: IT-0 small size build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looking really good!

Love the real forceps.
Another weekend and little more progress. I took the bottom of a Monster can and bit of a plastic cup to make the cupped area the syringe comes out from.

[Image: 6tNoIwW.jpg]

Also added these guys to the top...

[Image: mcYhJRe.jpg]

I'm going to start working on electronics soon. Sound, red light, and the middle bit which I have no idea how I am going to do yet.
I'm really liking pretty much every bit of this. Very inspiring!
Looking great! (I was supposed to be able to work on droids this weekend, but...)
Thanks everyone, I think I have a plan for the electronics. Going to use a proMini or Nano and some neopixel style leds. I can wire us the red led to blink and a string around the inner to make sirenstrobe effect. I'll also make some 3d printed frame thing to mount it all in the middle gap and to form a frame for the lenses.

Still need to figure out sound, these domes are not hollow. I probably should have planned a little better for that part.
So I rigged up a strip of neopixels and printed a circular frame to attach them to.

[Image: A7bXEIW.jpg]

Next I got an overhead light lens and cut some strips with the dremel(messy!!!)
3d printed some little corner guides to get the angles right.

[Image: 5TQUfQN.jpg]

[Image: dglRs5K.jpg]

... and this is why try, the lens is to close. I am reprinting the ring. I am backing the lens off by about 3 inches so the lights diffuse. I'll post an updated video later this weekend.

blinking lights are always so cool Smile
can't wait to see version 2
Cool! Very flashy!
As promised... so much better!!!!

that's really cool! Love it
Pages: 1 2 3