Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: Concept Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've probably all seen the D-O concept art from Celebration Chicago, with the duck and versions that look like K-9, but Phil Szostak tweeted two pieces of D-O concept art that I hadn't seen. They are by Luke Fisher.   Luke's instagram lead me to a third image that was starting to get closer to D-O.  

I've taken the liberty of flipping the second image, because clearly the droid is not symmetrical, so both images should face the same direction. Think I might build the first variant; it's like a baby Treadwell.

Click for larger images.

[Image: L0cFFMFm.jpg] [Image: g5TnAgvm.jpg]

[Image: tTHhHMOm.jpg]
I like all three of them better than what they ultimately chose. Those are pretty awesome, thanks for sharing them here.
Interesting. I'm happy with how Dio turned out, Savage probably just like really likes orange droids Smile
I definitely like the concepts better than the final version. They seem more inline with the Star Wars universe, especially the designs of the heads. BTW, I'm not a big fan of orange, either.
(05-02-2020, 06:54 AM)r_saggio Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely like the concepts better than the final version.  They seem more inline with the Star Wars universe, especially the designs of the heads.  BTW, I'm not a big fan of orange, either.

Ah, well, so much for my orange theory Smile

(FWIW, I uploaded them to the D-O gallery http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/displ...p?pid=2017)

They're cool...
(05-02-2020, 10:12 AM)kresty Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, I uploaded them to the D-O gallery

Thanks for posting them.  Can I interest you in a new C-Series droid or a weird variant on an R1 droid?  Or should I take my business to astromech.net?  Smile

[Image: X8L9yT8l.jpg]

[Image: siLOyOxm.jpg]