Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: It's been awhile....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guess this is my yearly report... LOL
I'm doing really well with the back, walking up to 2 miles now. I actually climbed up a fairly steep foothill (Green Mountain in Lakewood, CO), was very slow going but I made it to the top. I still have balance issues on my right leg, but getting better with that, too. I've been doing a lot of sewing projects (tons of costumes I started years ago), and about to start 3D printing again. I'm still a bit weak, still recovering from the back break from 2019, but healing nicely.

Got my 3D printer and sewing room just about set up now (had to move everything when my brother moved in last Sept, just now getting around to setting everything back up). I goofed on the gonk feet, one is about a half inch too big, so I gotta get some more turquoise colored filament and start over on that. I'm using one of them as a pen holder, LOL. I've got a good start on the gonk (it'll be a mini table top one for a special project), but got a ways to go on it. Hoping to have it finished by end of Aug in time for FanX Salt Lake. I'm going to wait until the fall to fix R2-AL's legs and battery boxes (one is backwards) and repair his skins so they don't fall off, hoping I'll be able to lift the legs by then.

Got my first covid shot, second one is Apr 22nd. Going on an adventure for a couple weeks June 28- Jul 11 (Glacier Nat'l Park, Teddy Roosevelt Nat'l Park, northern Black Hills, Yellowstone, and the boat lunch tour on Jenny Lake (or is it Jackson Lake?) in Grand Tetons. Then in Sept going to FanX Salt Lake (my first time at that one). Then a week later is the local WhimsyCon (victorian and steampunk con), I've been helping with the victorian parlour for the last few years (I make great scones for the parlour).

Getting back to sewing costumes and building droids again, it's been way too long. I forgot how much I truly enjoy doing both.... and now that my back can sit in a chair for longer periods of time, and I'm gaining my strength back, I'll do a lot more these next two years.... R2-AL is so wanting to come out and play... LOL