Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plans
Hi guys

Thank you for doing all the hard work and research on this.

The plans for the body- when i open them they open as A4 or letter PDFs, if i wanted to print them to size how do i go about doing this ?

Thanks in advanced
crimson, I'll check into it tonight and see if I can figure out why it would be doing that.
they should be larger than that.
Hmm, I didn't have that problem, though I imported them into CorelDraw. What PDF viewer are you using? Foxit Reader and Acrobat are both showing me 23"x36" for the documents. Do you have some scaling option turned on in your viewer?
Thank you kresty. I had checked, but then I forgot to post!!

I, too, was not having any problem. I had my daughter do it on her computer and she saw them the correct dimensions as well.

I'm using adobe acrobat to view them. It's free and can be downloaded here.

make sure you deselect the "Optional Offers" before you click the download button, however. The extra stuff it wants to install isn't a virus (it's adobe after all) but it still totally sucks
(FWIW: Someone at work mentioned Foxit Reader a long time ago and I've found it to be less invasive than Acrobat - both are free).
(06-29-2017, 11:53 PM)kresty Wrote: Hmm, I didn't have that problem, though I imported them into CorelDraw.  What PDF viewer are you using?  Foxit Reader and Acrobat are both showing me 23"x36" for the documents.  Do you have some scaling option turned on in your viewer?

Yes you are correct i have a box ticked on my adobe that automatically re sized it 

(06-30-2017, 06:47 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Thank you kresty. I had checked, but then I forgot to post!!

I, too, was not having any problem. I had my daughter do it on her computer and she saw them the correct dimensions as well.

I'm using adobe acrobat to view them. It's free and can be downloaded here.

make sure you deselect the "Optional Offers" before you click the download button, however. The extra stuff it wants to install isn't a virus (it's adobe after all) but it still totally sucks

I am using Adobe but the problem is now fixed 

(06-30-2017, 12:54 PM)kresty Wrote: (FWIW: Someone at work mentioned Foxit Reader a long time ago and I've found it to be less invasive than Acrobat - both are free).

Thanks for the suggestion 

I now need to find a way of printing to UK based sizes or across multiple sheets - i am sure theres a setting somewhere 
(06-30-2017, 01:43 PM)crimson Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion 

I now need to find a way of printing to UK based sizes or across multiple sheets - i am sure theres a setting somewhere 

Since you said you use acrobat, in their print dialog there's a "Poster" setting.

Make sure that it says 100% for the scale, pick poster, then fiddle with the other settings.  Of particular interest are the "overlap", which is how far each page overlaps the other pages, and "cut marks", which make little guidelines that show where the pages are supposed to fit on each other.  May not be necessary, but they can make alignment easier.
(07-01-2017, 03:15 PM)kresty Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 01:43 PM)crimson Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion 

Since you said you use acrobat, in their print dialog there's a "Poster" setting.

Make sure that it says 100% for the scale, pick poster, then fiddle with the other settings.  Of particular interest are the "overlap", which is how far each page overlaps the other pages, and "cut marks", which make little guidelines that show where the pages are supposed to fit on each other.  May not be necessary, but they can make alignment easier.

Yes I managed to get them printed i noted that it said 0.125 Stryne- in the uk its either 2mm or 5mm so might go for 2mm  

also stryne  is that the same as polystyrene board assuming its the same thing
Normally .125 is taken to be 3mm (but if that's not available). 5mm would be thick!

I guess we just shorten the word a little when we say "styrene" and use them interchangeably. Plastruct says: "WHITE STYRENE PLAIN SHEET - Hi-Impact Polystyrene Sheet ..." in their product description.
(07-06-2017, 01:09 PM)kresty Wrote: Normally .125 is taken to be 3mm (but if that's not available).  5mm would be thick!

I guess we just shorten the word a little when we say "styrene" and use them interchangeably.  Plastruct says: "WHITE STYRENE PLAIN SHEET - Hi-Impact Polystyrene Sheet ..." in their product description.

Ahh thank you ok now i can find 3mm sheets, 

"styrene" wasnt coming up for 3mm but Hi-Impact Polystyrene Sheet does