Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Treadwell Build
Hey Kresty (and others) - what color would you use for WED-15? I had picked up some darker blue when I was working on his head but it didn't look right.

I think it's more of a medium or slightly less medium blue. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Well, I'm not sure I have great thoughts for color Smile  The earlier balsa post photos look good, but the later photos do seem a little dark compared to some of the photos.  It's tough though because movie photos are color corrected and stuff.  And lighting matters a lot.

It seems to me similar to Artoo's blue.  Some of the photos are backlit, and almost black.  Others seem overexposed and very light blue.  
Varying color/lighting:

[Image: normal_Unknown_Treadwell.jpg]

[Image: normal_Treadwell_Still_Maybe.jpg]

[Image: normal_treadwell_tatooine_01.png]

[Image: normal_treadwell_tatooine_10.png]
(I like this color the best)

[Image: normal_Unknown_Treadwell.jpg]

But it's your droid!
I finally dragged my WED-15 base down to the shop and put a coat of spray paint on it.

I'm going to get some wooden dowels tomorrow or Saturday to mount the wheels. I'm going to try to drill straight through both sides for more stability.

Should have some photos by Saturday.
Sorry for the late reply. The color is made from Citadel Paint. One third Stegadon Scale Green and two thirds Sotek Green, when mixed is a very similar shade to the base blue plastic of the Paterson Trident Viewer.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51857721469_bf3849d7bd_c.jpg]" />