Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator
Well, I hate to do this to Savage, but...

So I saw Savage's log about gluing the rings together. My glue was terrible so my effort didn't work for that Sad. However I thought the fit of the grill slats was so tight, perhaps I should just alternate them.

First I was still worried about the curvature of the inner bit. I pressed it over the edge of a table. Annoying and my fingers got sore after a bit, but I managed to get the parts reasonably curved.

Then I snapped in the grill slats, going over by one on each row. Savage described the process as repetitive and boring. I probably spent 15-20 minutes on it. Granted I haven't glued it in place yet, but my MEK is really liquid, so that'll be straightforward. You can see the staggered seams in the photo because of my failed attempt to glue them with black ABS glue.

As you can see by the spare ring, I did get slightly stumped by the plans. Savage had laid out 20 half-rings "J" and the top ring "K" halves on the CnC PDF. So I dutifully copied parts for 10 J rings and 1 K ring. And even labeled it thusly on the parts diagram... but in real life there are only 10 slots, and the top is for the K ring Smile Oh, well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator - by kresty - 11-22-2017, 09:05 PM