Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From Vancouver BC Canada
Hi there,

New to this site. I've been wanting to make a Pit droid, and I thought this might be the place to come to learn how. Are there any working moving pit droids out there, or are they still in the 3d printing model stage? My goal eventually would to be to actually have a moving Pit droid that I can interact with while in my Jawa Costume. I have just ordered my first 3d printer and it should be arriving tomorrow. heheh So excited to get started. Looking for help with this project. Smile

Sincerely

Sarah ( aka Voxpax2)
Welcome! I'm not sure on the status of Pit Droids. I know Savage was working on files last year, but I don't know if it was intended to be anything other than a full scale model.

I suspect everyone will be a little quiet until after Celebration.
VoxPax2!
Welcome to the group!
I had always intended my pit droid to be animated, not just a 3D printed statue. Your arrival seems like the perfect excuse to finally finish it and release all my hard work!
I look forward to getting it done and seeing what you build!
Hey, I know you! Welcome Sarah!
(04-09-2019, 04:29 AM)HoseNose Wrote: Hey, I know you! Welcome Sarah!

Hey Hose Nose!!! good to see you too and thanks Smile
(04-07-2019, 09:12 AM)savagecreature Wrote: VoxPax2!
Welcome to the group!
I had always intended my pit droid to be animated, not just a 3D printed statue. Your arrival seems like the perfect excuse to finally finish it and release all my hard work!
I look forward to getting it done and seeing what you build!

HI Savage!! nice to meet you.
Yah I'm kinda fascinated with the Pit Droid and I'm really wanting to make it a moving droid.

So far I haven't found anyone yet who has made it moving. 3d printing for sure but not moving. I figure with a 3d printer I can hopefully find some files that I can print out and use it as a basic frame ( or the actual frame) for the parts.

I think I have a few Ideas on the mechanics, but I'll have to find someone who knows more about robot electronics than I do LOL. but for now I now have my 3d printer, and am just trying to learn how to print on it first. get use to the machine and then I can hopefully find some files that I can print out the droid. do you have a post I can look at to see your progress?

-Sarah
(04-06-2019, 03:10 PM)Dyne Wrote: Welcome!  I'm not sure on the status of Pit Droids.  I know Savage was working on files last year, but I don't know if it was intended to be anything other than a full scale model.

I suspect everyone will be a little quiet until after Celebration.

Right Celebration.... another opportunity missed this year LOL Money, newbie, actually finding out about it after everything was sold out. hahahah  That's okay though, gives me time to save up for the next one.

Thanks for the info on Savage. looks like they posted here so I will have a chat Smile
Vox! (can I call you Vox?)
Here's my thread so you can have a look. Some things about the head have changed since I last posted. In any case, I'm excited to have someone to work with on this, so I'll definitely get back to work on it. I'll try to post some new stuff for it this coming weekend.

http://rebeldroids.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=51
(04-09-2019, 08:36 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Vox! (can I call you Vox?)
Here's my thread so you can have a look. Some things about the head have changed since I last posted.  In any case, I'm excited to have someone to work with on this, so I'll definitely get back to work on it.  I'll try to post some new stuff for it this coming weekend.

Sure Vox is fine. Smile

I don't see the thread, am i missing something? yay!!!!  im excited too to work on this project as well. I know its going to be a tough road but I can already see the light LOL. Finally did my first basic print on the 3d printer tonight... so excited hahah it was a glow in the dark minion chess piece. its so cute. However it seems his arms didn't print off correctly, so i'm not sure if that's due to the pattern or my own " i have no idea what I'm doing" fault hahah either way.. i'm learning and I can't wait to tackle this Pit Droid project.
*chuckle* yeah, well, that's 'cause I forgot to actually paste in the URL. It's there above now