Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi From LA!
Hi, I'm planning on making an H015 for my first droid, but I'm taking suggestions on what to do. I currently only have access to a 3D printer, but I will have access to more as the summer progresses. I'm here for suggestions on what to get and how to get it.
Welcome to the group! We've got some decent plans here for H0-15 and we'd all love to help out anyway we can. There are people here who have built them out of cardboard, foamcore, styrene and lego. I'm sure you can find something that appeals to you. Smile
(06-16-2019, 09:47 AM)rex_g Wrote: Hi, I'm planning on making an H015 for my first droid, but I'm taking suggestions on what to do. I currently only have access to a 3D printer, but I will have access to more as the summer progresses. I'm here for suggestions on what to get and how to get it.

The antennae are good to 3D print (savage made a great file).  Frankly, the big flat sides lend themselves really well to sheet materials like styrene.  You can cut out some panels in 10 minutes that'd take all day to print!  Nice straight edges makes an X-Acto knife fairly straightforward.  If you have access to a laser cutter, you could use that, though it's practically overkill.  (Then you could cut the tops antenna out of styrene as well)

The bottom greeblies are complicated, so a printer's a decent option there.