Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Minnesota
So, I guess I've been registered for awhile.  But haven't posted anything.  Til.... now.

I've been on the RPF for.... I don't even want to think how long.  I also joined the R2 Builder's Club shortly after it started on Yahoo Groups.  I've got a bunch of props, and a few random R2 bits, and a ton of R2 files.... and no R2.  Yet.  I also built a Tom Servo many years before there was a useful internet... so he's not too accurate.  I also have a bunch of accurate Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot parts, still waiting for inspiration and determination.  I also help to put on a prop display at some of the Minnesota science fiction conventions.

I'm not quite sure what I want to build first, but I have a 3D printer.  I've always liked the Treadwell designs, but I can't seem to get the files to download.  Is there a minimum post number before downloads are activated, or am I just trying to do it long after I should have gone to bed?   Confused

Obi-Bob
Hey Obi-Bob! I'm excited you've joined. With a pedigree like that, I'm sure much fun will be had by all Smile

To download the files we have for the treadwell, click on the Zip file image in the gallery, then click on it again when it has focus and the download dialog should pop up. If it doesn't let kresty and I know and we'll see if we can figure out what's wrong.
The plans it's nothing more than downloading the image from the gallery. Make the image as large as it gets by clicking on the preview images, then right click and download the image.

If there's something specific you're looking for, let us know. We love the research part of the job and we'll do our best to get you what you need.

great to have you with us!
Yeah, no, that's not really working. I can click on a picture, get to stage 2, double click on the picture, and it will embiggen. I go to the zip file, click on it, get to stage 2, double click, triple click, quadruple click, right click, and I don't get diddly. If there's actually a file there, I can't at it.

I'm running Windows 10, and just got the latest update a few days ago, in case that's relevant.
Okay!
This is NOT meant to patronizing. I'm sure you have done exactly these steps already. However, as we're thousands of miles apart, I'm just documenting this to make sure we leave no stone unturned.  

Once you've opened the Treadwell files gallery you should be greeted with something like this:

[Image: gallery_01.png]

Clicking the Zip icon should then take you to this:

[Image: gallery_02.png]

Which will ultimately lead to this:

[Image: gallery_03.png]

It's possible that it may be simply downloading it to your downloads folder without giving you a dialog (if your browser settings are done that way)

If, as I said, that is exactly what you've done ten or twelve times lemme know and if nothing else I'll just e-mail them to you while kresty and I look into the problem.

I also took all the plans images and put them into a single archive so they can all be downloaded together.

Lemme know if this helps or is simply annoying, and good luck.
Well, sunuvasith.  I finally got it to work.  I don't know if I was lacking in sleep, had a basic ID 10 T error, or if my computer was still trying to develop its' sense of humor, but it finally downloaded.  Probably basic stupidity on my part.  You don't want to know how many things I've downloaded from even I don't know how many websites, but I coulda sworn (dagnabbit) that I did every variation of everything possible and got bupkis.  Until now.

Thanks for your help!  And don't worry about maybe being patronizing.  It wouldn't be the first time I've overlooked the screaming obvious.  Not sure if that was it (probably) or something else, but sometimes you gotta check everything. I don't remember getting the second zip file image to click on, but that was a couple days ago.

Maybe I should make double sure I get adequate sleep tonight.   Dodgy

Obi-Bob
Great! I'm glad it finally worked. I friggin' love Treadwells, so if there's anything more we can do to help on this end, just let us know. Can't wait to see what you get up to. Smile
I wouldn't take it too hard, I think I was confused the first time & had to even ask savage... It seems peculiar to me to have to click on a picture to get a file Smile
It's that way to keep us from having too many different parts of the forum to maintain. The framework is a gallery, as I had assumed that there would be a lot of images going into build logs, collected as reference, that sort of thing. The gallery has the ability to archive and retrieve any type of file, so instead of having another piece of software to manage assets, I just sorta shoe-horned it into being our files repository as well. My original theory bears out, as we have a LOT more images than we do files, but it still makes retrieving files a little unusual.