Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Florida Droid Workshop checking in
Greetings all! My name is David and while I'm no expert, I do have a few droids under my belt and I'm planning on making more. I already have an R6, a GNK, an Mini-Mouse (small mouse, not the female D+ rodent), and I'm working on a BB-unit as well as an R2-style that will be dark green (instead of blue) when it's done.

I found this site through the RPF, as well as a bunch of links to files for other lesser known background droids...and that's what sparked my interest. My future plans are to make an RA-7 head, a CZ-3 the way it was seen in Jabba's dungeon, an IG-11 (head first, then maybe the body), a pit droid, as well as others when I can find the files or make them myself.

I'm also starting a Droid Workshop YouTube channel in the near future to show my builds. Again, I'm not an expert...I'm just a simple man who's not afraid to make mistakes so others can learn along with me.

I'm glad I found you guys and I look forward to contributing!
(07-02-2021, 09:20 AM)JaidenTurrn Wrote: Greetings all! My name is David and while I'm no expert, I do have a few droids under my belt and I'm planning on making more. I already have an R6, a GNK, an Mini-Mouse (small mouse, not the female D+ rodent), and I'm working on a BB-unit as well as an R2-style that will be dark green (instead of blue) when it's done.

I found this site through the RPF, as well as a bunch of links to files for other lesser known background droids...and that's what sparked my interest. My future plans are to make an RA-7 head, a CZ-3 the way it was seen in Jabba's dungeon, an IG-11 (head first, then maybe the body), a pit droid, as well as others when I can find the files or make them myself.

I'm also starting a Droid Workshop YouTube channel in the near future to show my builds. Again, I'm not an expert...I'm just a simple man who's not afraid to make mistakes so others can learn along with me.

I'm glad I found you guys and I look forward to contributing!

Welcome to the group!!
Please let me and/or all of us know if there's anything we can do to help you out along the way. All of the droids you listed are ones I'm interested in myself!  Smile   (but I have many projects already underway, so I'm trying to stay focused)

Just for fun, some of my more recent work:

[Image: normal_comparison_01.png]
Nice job! Have you broken it up and printed it yet? I'd love to see the final product.

I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with too many projects at once, so I'm starting out with a droid interface panel and my daughter asked me to do the pit droid first. EV-9D9 is one I've always liked and it's definitely on my list.
Thanks!

No final product, yet.
There are still some adjustments to be made to the model before it's ready for fabrication.
(07-05-2021, 08:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Just for fun, some of my more recent work:

Cool!!! 

Wait.... weren't there other droids you were working on? ;-)
(07-05-2021, 08:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Just for fun, some of my more recent work:

Cool!!! 

Wait.... weren't there other droids you were working on? ;-)