Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My build list, and a pepakura idea
(05-19-2017, 07:53 PM)kresty Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 07:37 PM)gizmoduck Wrote: a google search of pitdroid pepakura gives this...never mind cant figure out how to link a file...but i have a full scale pepakura model of a pit droid unfolded and ready to print and build.

You can copy the link from the address bar?  Or right click and say copy or copy link?

itis a pdo i downlaoded a couple years ago and redid the unfold on so not so many small peices..more of a smmoth curve .its on my computer, not on the web..i was saing the pepkaura pitdroid is downloadedable on the internet if you do a google search...
i did not make this file and have no idea who did so am just saing how i got it and that it is a 1:1 scale pit droid(Google search : Pit Droid Pepakura and the file is there for free downlaod.
Wow, its been 4 years since I started this thread?!
Anyway, I have a quick update.  I was able to extract the models in .3do format, used Milkshape to convert them to .obj, used SolidWorks to clean them up, and save them as .sldprt and .stl.  The .stl i converted into gcode and sent to the 3D printer.
Here is the first batch of parts-
[Image: e0EtP35j_o.jpg]
Cool!
All the files have been cleaned up, and posted here-
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3587728