Rebel Droids.net

Full Version: IT-0 small size build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I recently decided I needed a break from the Astromech building and decided to do a little fun build. I am not trying for perfectly accurate but I do want the spirit of the droid to be remain.

I started with a model I purchased and 3D printed The size is roughly 14" around not quite the 18" of the original.

[Image: agGTmdn.jpg]

There was going to be lots of sanding in my future so I used XTC-3D to take off the edge and got to sanding.

First Pass
[Image: 8fNajrj.jpg]
[Image: 3HQU2iq.jpg]

A trip to the local Electronics Parts Outlet(electronics junkyard) yielded some greeblies.
[Image: Vpz1XS0.jpg]

Another round of sanding and I am starting to wear off the details...
[Image: HGxJczn.jpg]
[Image: Exgn7Iq.jpg]

Next I started using my vinyl cutter to make the bits needed for details.
[Image: mKjseKc.jpg]

[Image: mLIE4N9.jpg]

... and I hate it... I clearly have made the lines to thick so they are coming off

[Image: ochMQma.jpg]
[Image: wG4POUt.jpg]

In addition I have some of the instruments coming like the forceps and test tube holder.
Cool, that looks pretty nifty!
Nice!

Love the Original Trilogy stuff.
Very cool! 14 in in diameter would make it a nearly perfect scale match for my R2 units. Maybe someday we'll be able to snap a photo of them together. (never know)
(07-05-2018, 01:35 PM)savagecreature Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool! 14 in in diameter would make it a nearly perfect scale match for my R2 units. Maybe someday we'll be able to snap a photo of them together. (never know)

Going to celebration in Chicago?
(07-07-2018, 11:47 AM)sgmorton Wrote: [ -> ]Going to celebration in Chicago?
Hah!
Better thinner striping

[Image: YSujbhvr.jpg]

[Image: uKnE7rpr.jpg]

[Image: w8j5Bdn.jpg]

Checking the size of the forceps

[Image: p1L2jjb.jpg]
Cool!
another day a little more done. bit by bit... I like how it's coming together so far.

I added a little top detail and the forceps, in order to mount the forceps I cheated. I used a torch to heat the ends up and then melted them right in place. I then cooled them rapidly with a few ice cubes and viola a perfect mount hole.
[Image: 6uo5LqQ.jpg]

Fixed up the aerosol dispenser and mounted it as well.
[Image: rlHVaHp.jpg]

and finally started to test fit the hypodermic ...
[Image: NngIg29.jpg]
Like the sneaky mounting technique Smile Looking great!
Pages: 1 2 3