Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So where're the plans for the new Dio droid (D-O?)?
Smile

[Edit: I made a subforum for D-O http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/forumdi...php?fid=42]
It wouldn't surprise me to see some in the next day or so.

Dio/D-0/whatever seems likely to be similar to BB-8 in basic operation, albeit on a smaller scale.

Just trying to figure out how he steers, as there didn't seem to be any banking ala spin master bb8. There's got to be a flywheel in there or something; I saw him pivot on the spot at least once.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
I already hate him. the designs get less and less practical and more and more like robopets.
(04-12-2019, 07:39 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I already hate him. the designs get less and less practical and more and more like robopets.

Based on the concept sketches, I'd say there's a very good chance that that's more or less his role. The concept art image explicitly includes a sketch of a duckling, and all but four of the designs look like that or some other variation on the theme of little robot animals (the second one on row two even reminds me strongly of K-9).

I can definitely see why you might feel that way. He's not my favorite design (in particular, his head reminds me a bit much of Spy vs. Spy, or maybe Alec Baldwin's monstrous face from Beetlejuice). But on the whole, I don't really mind him too much. I think a lot will depend on the personality they give the character.
I totally agree! Spy vs. Spy and/or Alec Baldwin are both spot on! I totally love the references! Smile
(04-12-2019, 08:50 PM)Dyne Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 07:39 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I already hate him. the designs get less and less practical and more and more like robopets.

Based on the concept sketches, I'd say there's a very good chance that that's more or less his role.  The concept art image explicitly includes a sketch of a duckling, and all but four of the designs look like that or some other variation on the theme of little robot animals (the second one on row two even reminds me strongly of K-9).

I can definitely see why you might feel that way.  He's not my favorite design (in particular, his head reminds me a bit much of Spy vs. Spy, or maybe Alec Baldwin's monstrous face from Beetlejuice).  But on the whole, I don't really mind him too much.  I think a lot will depend on the personality they give the character.

I was amused by the K-9 sketch.  Though I'm not sure the Pixar light is much better Smile
So, to annoy savage.... 

http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/displ...p?pid=1648 

where's the video?
(04-13-2019, 06:55 AM)savagecreature Wrote: I totally agree!  Spy vs. Spy and/or Alec Baldwin are both spot on!  I totally love the references!  Smile

You are right, the SPY V SPY  was the first thing  thought
Spy vs. Spy.  D-0.

Dee.  Ohh.

Double Ohh?

Perhaps 007, mmmm?  Mmmm? waggles eyebrows

D-0 is actually a spy droid, confirmed.  You heard it here first...