Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some of Our Questions Answered
check it out:
BB-8 article at starwars.com
(08-27-2015, 09:12 AM)savagecreature Wrote: check it out:

Hmm, they say a bunch of things that make everyone right.  Rods, etc.  Then at the end they say they're watching the boards and we're all wrong.
"How long does it take to get to Decemeber?" Amen!!
"Schubert Droid Works" on FB, @SchubertDroids on Twitter
(08-27-2015, 10:02 PM)kresty Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:12 AM)savagecreature Wrote: check it out:

Hmm, they say a bunch of things that make everyone right.  Rods, etc.  Then at the end they say they're watching the boards and we're all wrong.
I think they were referring to how they did the one at Anaheim, so to "we're all wrong".  
Of course, I could be all wrong!
(08-29-2015, 12:45 PM)schubertrr Wrote: I think they were referring to how they did the one at Anaheim, so to "we're all wrong".  

The way I read it they didn't have a stand-alone model for the filming, it was more a rod puppet (which was some of the other thoughts some folks had said).

And then they made the real "Anaheim" one as a practical effect.  What I don't get though is the bit where they say they're following the on-line discussion and they're not on the right track.  Some of the methods work, even if they aren't the same, and we've talked about enough possibilities it seems we must be "close".
(08-29-2015, 08:59 PM)kresty Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 12:45 PM)schubertrr Wrote: I think they were referring to how they did the one at Anaheim, so to "we're all wrong".  

The way I read it they didn't have a stand-alone model for the filming, it was more a rod puppet (which was some of the other thoughts some folks had said).

And then they made the real "Anaheim" one as a practical effect.  What I don't get though is the bit where they say they're following the on-line discussion and they're not on the right track.  Some of the methods work, even if they aren't the same, and we've talked about enough possibilities it seems we must be "close".

You would think we'd be in the ballpark.  But, if not, I'm ready for my mind to be blown.  
https://youtu.be/RzzWmTIVv3c one of my coworkers just shared this with me. BB-8 guts at 37:37!!!
(07-21-2016, 12:34 PM)Conqueror_Worm Wrote: https://youtu.be/RzzWmTIVv3c one of my coworkers just shared this with me. BB-8 guts at 37:37!!!

Yeah, pretty cool stuff, no?

kresty was shooting me a constant stream of images and videos while he was at Celebration. I just sorta . . forgot . . all the BB 8 stuff.

It was really cool to hear them talk about how they did it and see what they built.